Monday, August 17, 2009

Shopping, Potato Soup, and Bonfires :D

Interesting title huh? Well this is pretty much how my Thursday went. Let me explain. My friend Amber and I went shopping at Ross and Marshall's. Ok, so let me say this, if you can't keep your child under control, please don't bring it out in public. Why say that? Because at Ross, there was this little kid SCREAMING!!! Ok, I understand if the kid is upset or whatever, but it was fine. He was screaming "mommy" when she was right there in front of him. AND to top it all off, he was throwing things! Really?! Me and Amber were honestly getting pretty annoyed and I could tell a lot of the other customers were too. Anyways, this kid was still screaming and I could tell the mom was getting tired of it too. Then it threw his cup or something like that and she picked it up and I saw her slap the kid. It wasn't hard. Just like ya know, a little tap or whatever to get him to stop. Like how you are supposed to hit the kid in the mouth when is biting or something. Anyways, we were seriously like "screw this" and we left. We weren't finding anything anyway.

So we left there and headed over to Marshall's. It was much quieter. Ok, I usually don't like Marshall's, but they had some really cute clothes this time. We tried on like 5 or 6 things. I was going to put these two things on layaway until I got paid next Thursday. I was getting ready to and the woman was like there's a 10 dollar deposit first. I'm thinking...ok if I had 10 dollars I could go ahead and get one of them. Yea they were on sale, but I had to leave at least 40 in my account to pay for a bill and my check was only 60. And I had to give 15 to my mom. So, that only left me with 5 dollars which was obviously not enough. So I was like, alright nevermind. Hopefully I can go back this Thursday and get them. It was a really cute black skirt and a purple halter top dress. And the ties for the halter part had like beads on them. SO cute!!

So, after we left Marshall's we went to the mall. Long story short, we went to Barnes and Nobel. Love that place! We spent like 30 minutes at least looking at cook books. Amber found one that was like "everything about cooking" and they meant everything. It was pretty awesome! haha.

Finally, we went to lunch at Logan's..mmmm!!! This is where the potato soup comes in. I love potato soup and so does she. I can honestly say that Logan's has like the best potato soup. We seriously sat there for a good 20 minutes talking about potato soup in general. It was kinda strange, but very entertaining. So new idea!! Usually you eat meat and potatoes right? Ok, so why not put your meat IN your potato soup???? Like Beef and potato soup or whatever. Yea, we're pretty much geniuses. That's probably already out there, but oh well. And before you say anything, no i'm not talking about a stew. Just beef and potatoes, not any of the other vegetables. Haha.

So, that night we were invited to a bonfire. Honestly, I had never been to one. The one we were supposed to have in high school didn't happen. They canceled it and never rescheduled :(. Anyway, it was more Amber's friend, but they let me come too. I mean I never really talked to the guy in high school, but I did know some of the people there. But apparently, it was his 21st birthday. So, as you can imagine there was alcohol there. Although most everyone else was underage, they still drank. Me and Amber were pretty much the only ones who didn't. So it kinda wasn't that fun. I mean I guess it was to see old friends from school, but we aren't into the whole drinking thing. I mean yea, I'm going to go out when I'm 21, but I'm not yet. Plus I was driving. And Amber can't drink because of her medicine, but even if she wasn't on medicine she wouldn't. But anyways, they had like a pinata set up. And we were talking to one of our other friends and we were asking if they had like candy in it. Usually, you see a pinata and you think of candy right? Well, he was sort of being secretive about the whole thing so we were just like ok? So, the birthday guy busted it open. It wasn't filled with candy. No, it was filled with little bottles of alcohol. Ya know, like the ones you get on airplanes or whatever. Me and Amber were like, really?! It was crazy to see everyone (except us) rush and pick up whatever they could. We just stood back and watched. Then we stayed for about 20 minutes after that and we were just like, ok we're done. And we left. I mean when everyone else is drinking and you two are the only ones who aren't it's not that fun. So we just left. It was getting late anyway and we were both tired.

So that was my Thursday. It was fun for the most part. Hopefully we can do it again, but maybe without the bonfire. So this was kind of a long blog, but I had a lot to write about.haha. But I think that's it for this one.

TTYL <3

1 comment:

  1. you forgot to mention that the grill had a bigger fire to begin with at the bonfire than the actual fire, also one of our friends adam kept chugging alcoholic drinks, and it was super buggy---also...at the mall we went by puppy love and they had really cute puppies...:D oh and hot topic plays their music way too loud...and marshall's had cute ankle boots :D...oh yeah! and our waitor took forever to give us our check at logan's ;)

    ReplyDelete